Pattern by Haley Waxberg
Fast, easy and satisfying, this pattern is a great quickie to make over a weekend or if you’re jonesing for something warm to wrap around you for fall. It can be worn dressy or casual and makes a terrific little coverup for chilly afternoons at the office. The button capelet also makes a fantastic gift because it looks so impressive but takes so little time to make!
Estelle Designs only distributes yarns in Canada and unfortunately I haven’t yet identified an American distributor of the same yarn. If you would like to purchase some Woolly Bully contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I am happy to ship internationally.
Size (shown in size small)
● S(M, L, XL, XXL)
● Width at top (buttoned): 9(9.5, 10, 10.5, 11) inches/ 22(24,25,26,28)cm
● Approximate Circumference at bottom (buttoned): 40(43, 48, 51, 54)inches/ 100(108,120,128,135)cm
● Length: length is relative to the amount of yarn you have. Approximate lengths are 12.5(13.5, 14, 14.5, 14).5 inches or 31(34, 35, 36, 36)cm, but you can easily make it longer if you like.
● 10mm/40″ circular needles (plastic or metal are easiest, I Liked using Skacel Addi Turbo for this project, the slippiness was helpful)
● 1(2, 2, 3, 3) skeins Estelle Designs Woolly Bully (a good substitution could Brown Sheep Company Burly Spun or Cascade Magnum)
● 2 jumbo stitch markers (I prefer the Clover Jumbo Locking Stitch markers)
● 2(2, 2, 3, 3) large buttons (approx 4cm/1.75″ diameter or larger)
● Sewing needle and thread to match buttons
8 sts & 11 rows = 4″/10cm in stocking stitch
Copyright © 2008 Knit-O-Matic, all rights reserved. No pattern of other material may be reproduced or distributed – mechanically, electronically, or by other means, including photocopying – without written permission of Knit-O-Matic. Pattern is for personal use only and not to be used to create items for commercial sale. Author Haley Waxberg. For pattern corrections see our website at http://www.knitomatic.com, contact us at info (at) knitomatic (dot) com.