My favourite new thing is an awesome little app for iGadgets, the Stashbot app. I came across the Stashbot booklet while ordering from Quince and Co., but they weren’t wholesaling them. I was sad, but I moved on. And then this morning, while doing important (boring) yarn store work I stumbled across and even better thing, the Stashbot app! Low and behold, a very easy, comprehensive and efficient app that helps you estimate how much yarn you’ll need for several common projects.
Variety of Projects
- cropped sweater, 3/4 sleeves
- average length sweater
- long sweater tunic
- scarf/shawl/infinity scarf
Full Range of Sizes
- sweaters: 3 months to 62″ bust circumference
- hats: baby to XL adult
- mitts: baby to XL adult
- scarf/shawl/infinity scarf: 11×44″, 11×60″, 11×90″
- socks: baby to XL adult
Comprehensive Tension/Stitches per Inch
- range from 3 to 8 stitches per inch
- in increments of 0.25 (3, 3.25, 3.5, 3.75, 4 … etc)
I used to use the Knit Handy App, but always had issues with the tension information – it only offers data for whole numbers (3, 4, 5, 6 …. etc), and as you may know, stitch tensions are often fractions. My new favourite thing!!!