Manos Alegria Grande Multis
Manos del Urugay Alegria Grande is a sumptuously soft superwash yarn that’s great for EVERYTHING (except felting). Made with 75% merino wool & 25% polyamide, it’s strong enough for house-socks and soft enough for baby hats and sweaters for the entire family. This is also the perfect yarn for learning how to make socks (we use it in our sock classes with 3.75mm/US5 needles).
- 75% merino wool, 25% polyamide
- 100g/180m (197 yds)
- worsted weight
- 18 to 20 sts = 4″/10cm
- 4mm to 5mm (US 6 to 8) needles
- Machine or hand wash in cold water, lay flat to dry
- Made in Uruguay
- Pattern Ideas
Manos Alegria Grande Semi-solids
Manos Alegria Grande Semi-Solids are exactly the same as their muti-coloured siblings, but they are kettle dyed for a semi-solid aesthetic. They’re worsted weight, super soft merino, machine washable, and great for garments for people of all ages and sizes, from babies to grown-ups. Semi-solid colours are perfect for making a pair of Rye Socks (picture above), or other garments that involve lace, cables, or other textural details.
How Much Yarn Do I Need?
You should always check your pattern for yardage requirements, but here are some estimates:
- Socks, hat, neckwarmer, mittens, wrist-warmers: 1 skein
- Scarf, cowl, infinity scarf, baby sweater, legwarmers: 2 skeins
- Big scarf (8″ wide): 3 skeins
- Child sweater: 3 to 4 skeins
- Big Scarf (10″ wide): 4 skeins
- Baby blanket: 4 to 5 skeins
- Adult sweater: 6+ skeins
- Throw blanket: 10+ skeins
Solidago Hat & Cowl Set
- Manos Alegria Grande Semi-Solids: Hat – 1 skein, Cowl – 2 skeins
- 3.5mm/US4 -16″ circular needles
- 4mm/US6 – 16″ circular needles
- 4mm/US6 double pointed needles
- Pattern (get a physical copy, buy digitally online, or check your local library)
ERRATA: Rows 13 and 14, (columns 24 and 26 when counting from right to left) of the Crown chart contain stitches mislabelled as “knit” that should be “no stitch”.