Amirisu 19 Winter 2019
The new issue of Amirisu has arrived! Amirisu is another one of those coffee-table worthy pattern ‘magazines’, like Laine, that give me a strong desire to sit at my kitchen table with a cup of tea and stare off into space, contemplating dreamy things. It contains 12 patterns (see them on Ravelry), and they’re worth checking out.
- Fall / Winter 2019 – Issue 19 features twelve knitwear designs by some of our favorite designers from Japan and abroad, to enjoy slow and relaxing days at your cozy home.
- Participating designers: Bristol Ivy, Keiko Kikuno, Kiyomi Burgin, Trin-Annelie, Alice Caetano, Mikiko Gasnier, Paula Pereira, Megumi Sawada, Miyuki Watanabe, Melody Hoffmann, amirisu
- Feature: Where We Dream And Work – introducing workspaces of fiber people around the world
- Plus a project from Lori Ann Graham, an introduction to sashiko, a holiday pop-up card, a recipe, and more.
- Download Code: A Ravelry download code of the entire magazine is printed on an inserted card.
- See the Projects HERE
Knitting Outside the Box: Drape & Fold by Bristol Ivy
Introducing the six stunning designs from the new Bristol Ivy book! Bristol revisits her ethos that ‘knitting has traditions, but doesn’t have rules,’ with patterns that twist and turn conventional construction techniques.
The follow-up collection to her 2017 title Knitting Outside Box, this complementary edition of six knitting patterns delves deeper into innovative ways of working with knitted fabric by exploring drape and fold. Garments and accessories are reimagined with Bristol’s signature style, expanding the boundaries of how knitwear can be constructed and sit on the body. All accompanied by her encouraging and inspiring voice, giving knitters foundations to explore on their own.