It’s 49 days until Christmas (32 to Channukah – eek!) and we’re thinking about smallish, giftable projects. We just finished this great hat, Violet Waffles, with one skein of Mineville Merino DK. The yarn is soft, bouncy, very comfortable, and machine washable (makes it harder for them to wreck it). The pattern didn’t look like much, but it fits amazing, looks amazing, and is a great hat for people who aren’t into super flashy knitterly designs (men, teens, designers).
- Free Pattern
- Mineville Merino DK: 1 skein (colour 12)
- 3.5mm/US4-16″ circular needles
- 4mm/US6-16″ circular needles
- 4mm/US6 double pointed needles
- we added an extra inch to the length to make it slouchier