CASAPINKA Sharon’s Glamping Blanket 2
Casapinka is back with a sequel to her extremely popular Sharon’s Glamping Blanket (from 2020) …. SHARON’S GLAMPING BLANKET 2! Yes, if you liked Sharon’s first blanket, you’re sure to love her second! The knitted blanket features bands of fun stitch patterns and stripes making it an engaging project with an eclectic aesthetic.
This playful blanket is made with Berroco Vintage Chunky. This bestselling blend of wool & synthetic fibres is soft, easy to knit with, and is very machine washable! It’s perfect for kids, adults, seniors, picky-men, and cats (Sharon).
Like it’s predecessor, the second iteration of the Sharon’s Glamping Blanket comes in 4 size options:
- Cat (Baby, Lap, Sofa)
- Approx. 18 (24, 32, 42)” / 46 (61, 81.5, 107) cm wide x 25 (33, 43, 54)” / 63.5 (84, 109, 137) cm tall
- Color A: 1 (1, 2, 4) skeins
- Color B: 1 (2, 2, 3) skeins
- Color C: 1 (1, 2, 3) skeins
- Color D: 1 (1, 3, 3) skeins
Need Colour Inspiration?
- Casapinka and the Berroco Design Team curated a few new colorways for you (see the pictures below).
- You can check out the colours I put together for the first blanket kit – there’s 26 colour combos there, including 3 for Christmas.
- Browse through other people’s finished Glamping Blankets (original edition) on Ravelry from the first kit for inspiration. You can also troll the projects on Instagram.
If you aren’t sure how your colours balance, take a picture of them with your phone and change the colour filter to a back & white setting (like NOIR on iPhones). This is the colour combo in the picture of the blanket above with the cat:
- Colour A – The second lightest colour (6125 Aquae)
- Colour B – The second darkest colour (6106 Smoke)
- Colour C – the lightest colour (6100 Snow Day)
- Colour D – the darkest colour (6140 Orange)
Casapinka Glamping Blanket (The Original)
This adorable blanket is a graphic combination of colours and textures. The yarn, Berroco Vintage Chunky, is the PERFECT blanket yarn – it’s soft and cozy, it knits up quickly, and it’s easy to wash – ideal for comfy snuggling for all ages and species! The pattern comes with 4 sizes, ranging from a cat blanket, baby blanket to a full sized sofa throw.
You have two options for acquiring this project:
1. You can get the yarn right now on our website. We actually carry this yarn all year, it’s a staple around the store. You can see what other people have done HERE (I like the contrast between the bright orange and red in this one).
2. The distributor and designer have collaborated to make kits available, which you can pre-order below (4 sizes and a ton of colour combinations) and we will get it for you!
- Cat Blanket: 18″ X 22”
- Baby Blanket/Small Dog/Portly Cat: 24″ X 36” (side-eye to Kit Kat)
- Dog and Lap Blanket (or a larger baby blanket): 35″ X 44”
- Sofa Blanket (for humans): 46″ X 58”
- Berroco Vintage Chunky: colour A. 1 (2, 3, 5) hanks, colour B. 1 (2, 2, 4) hanks,
colour C. 1, (2, 2, 4) hanks, colour D. 1, (1, 2, 3) hanks. The sample blanket is done in: A: Sunny (yellow), B: Mochi (off white), C: Fondant (pink), D: Mushroom (beige).
Kit DOES NOT Include
- 6mm/US10 – 32″ circular needles.
- See Finished Projects HERE
- This yarn is machine washable.
- If you’d like to see the colours more closely you can visit us in-store, we carry the yarn all year.
- This kit is a Special Order, and it may take up to 2 weeks for us to receive it. The colour combinations listed are the ones on offer from the company, but if you would like to create your own combination we are happy to ask them and see if we can make that work.
The sample blanket is done in: A: Sunny (yellow), B: Mochi (off white), C: Fondant (pink), D: Mushroom (beige). To help you chose a balanced colour palette, the sample blanket’s colours are distributed like this:
- Colour A is your darkest colour, it requires 1 (2, 3, 5)skeins
- Colour B is your lightest colour, it requires 1 (2, 2, 4) skeins
- Colour C is your second lightest or a medium-light colour, it requires 1, (2, 2, 4) skeins
- Colour D is your second darkest colour or a medium-dark colour, it requires 1, (1, 2, 3) hanks.
To check on the balance of lightness or darkness in your palette you can take a digital picture of them and use your camera’s editing settings and change the picture it to black & white or monochrome. You’ll get a good idea of how much contrast, or lack-thereof, is in your colour combo!