Spring is finally here (if in name only) and we’re starting to start thinking outside the warm & woolly box! I love this simple tank, and I like even more the idea of making it with super soft, cool, and easy to care for (machine wash & dry) Quince & Co Sparrow! The pattern is knit in the round, from the top-down, so you can try it on as you go, and make it as long or cropped as you like.
- Linen is very stretchy, consider going down a size when you plan your project.
- Size (measures at bust): 30” (33”, 36”, 39”), (42”, 45”, 48”)
Bolan is a casual, loose tee, perfect for warm supper days and nights. Made with soft, cool, washable Quince & Co Sparrow it’ll definitely become a go-to garment! Bolan is knitted sideways in four pieces (two panels for the front, two for the back), and worked from the centre out to the ends of the short sleeves
- Shown in size 48½“ / 123 cm on a 33” / 84 cm, 5’ 9” / 175.5 cm tall model (15½” / 39.5 cm positive ease)
- Knitwear models tend to have HUGE shoulders
My friend Rosie just finished the Shoals Tank last week and it is BEAUTIFUL! I’m not normally a lace person, but the texture is absolutely gorgeous, it only enhances the already stunning Quince & Co Sparow (on SALE until the end of July)!
The tank is worked in the round from the bottom up, the back and front are divided at armhole and worked flat. The straps are joined at the shoulder using the three-needle bind off (easy peasy)! The A-line shape is achieved by using different needle sizes, which is great, less for you to think about.
- Bust 30½ (33¼, 36, 38½, 41¼, 44, 46½, 49¼, 52, 54½)” [77.5, 84.5, 91, 98, 104, 112, 118, 125, 132, 138) cm]
- Size shown is 33¼” 84 cm worn with ¾” 2 cm negative ease.
- Quince & Co Sparow: 5 (5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 8, 8) skeins
- 32″ circular needles: 2.25/US1, 2.75/US2, 3.25/US3, and 3.5mm/US4
I just finished my first sweater made with Quince & Co Sparrow and I’m all over this lovely summer yarn (pictures to come, I still need to block it)! I really like the simplicity of this tunic/tank, Raven. You can make it with the pockets, or skip them, make it in one colour, of colour blocks. But the most important thing to me is that you’ll want to wear it over, and over, and over again! The pattern is worked in the round from the bottom-up, and it’s all knit stitch, so the knitting is fairly uncomplicated. And hey, they yarn is even on sale until the end of July – can’t go wrong!
- Bust Circumference: 31½ (34½, 37½, 40½, 43¾, 46¾, 49¾, 53)” or 80 (87.5, 95.5, 103, 111, 118.5, 126.5, 134.5) cm
- linen has a lot of stretch to it, you might want to consider making a size smaller than normal.
Another great summer freebie, Silken Straw is an elegant and simple summer tee – very wearable and very knittable. Quince & Co Sparrow is a great sub for their yarn, it’s soft, machine washable and has a beautiful sheen. For a more cost effective option try Cascade Ultra Pima Fine, a silky cotton with a great hand.