Never Not Gnoming
Happy Holidays!!! Say hi to our new store Gnome! His name Gnarvin (that’s Gnomish for Marvin), and he’s currently living in our window. Gnarvin was made for us by my good friend Rosie, who is a very experienced knitter of gnomes … Rosie is actually friends with the lady who writes the gnome patterns (my favourite is the gnomish sweater).
To make a larger size gnome we bumped up the yarn from a fingering weight to a super bulky (and the corresponding needles as well). We used Cascade Spuntaneous, 1 skein in each of 3 colours (if you want to make the hat & body in the same colour you’ll need two skeins). Your gnome doesn’t have to be in holiday colours, I feel like gnomes are a year-round magical creatures and needn’t be limited by culture or season.
- Cascade Spuntaneous: 1 skein in 04 Red, 08 Treetop, 10 Cream
- 7mm/US10.75 double pointed needles
- 8mm/US11 double pointed needles
- 8mm/US11 – 16″ circular needles (or 3.5″ interchangeable needles)
- Poly-fil: 2 bags
- Dried Beans (optional: to put in the bottom to keep him upright)
- Pattern: Never Not Gnoming