It’s Time to WASH & Store Your Woollens!
Yup, the weather is warm, the windows and doors are open, and the bugs are breeding again. My calendar just reminded me to change my moth traps, so I thought I’d send a gentle nudge that you need to make sure you have put all your woollens SAFELY away for the season. I’ve written a lot about this in the past, so instead of reinventing the wheel, I’m just going to refer you to read our past care and mainenance info .
A quick summary of the salient points:
- Wash your woollens (we sell TWO kinds of delicate wash perfect for all textiles)
- Store your woollens safely (ie. sealed plastic bags, moth traps)
- Don’t forget your yarn stash, it’s made of wool too!
- Accessories are woollens too (socks, mitts, hats, blankets, scarves, shawls, etc.)
FIND FULL CARE AND MAINTENANCE INFO HERE
Soak is a super easy, eco-friendly, no-rinse wash for hand or machine washing delicates, from lingerie to cashmere. Soak products are manufactured in Toronto Canada and are available in an assortment of fresh fragrances plus Scentless (for your sensitive side).
Eucalan is is a wonderful no-rinse delicate wash that you can use for your hand knits, lingerie, or anything you want to keep looking like new.
- phtalate-free, scented with natural oils
- extends the life of lingerie and all delicates
- perfect for hand-knits
- do NOT use if you are allergic to lanolin
- see the ingredients list
SWET Bags from Gleener
Last week at the Knitter’s Frolic (a local show hosted by the Toronto Knitting Guild) we sold out of all of our adorable project bags from Gleener, and they have graciously and quickly restocked them!
Gleener Swet Bags make perfect project bags, but they’re so much more. They’re designed to keep odours, wetness and messed contained. The zipper and lining are both waterproof, so they also make a great travel companion to the gym, swimming or beyond. Keep your projects safe, clean and dry anywhere you go! They come in two sizes, the medium is great for regular projects, and the larger is perfect for large sweaters and blankets (I also use it for my swimming gear, as do my niece and nephew).
- Medium: 10.5″ x 14″
- Large: 16″ x 21″ (fits a large sweater or a blanket project)
- Machine wash in cold water, flip it inside out and hang it up to line dry overnight.