I don’t normally show off things “in progress”, but our Sockhead Slouch Hat is knitting up sooooo beautifully that I thought you might enjoy a little back to school show-n-tell. The yarn is Malabrigo Mechita (colour 890 Mandragora). I knew it would knit up pretty, but it’s turning out absolutely RADIANT (my underachieving photography skills don’t do it justice).
Sockhead Slouch Hat
If you want to make your own Sockhead Slouch Hat you’ll need ….
- FREE Pattern
- Malabrigo Mechita: 1 skein
- 3mm/US2.5-16″ circulr needles
- 3mm/US2.5mm double pointed needles
- 1 stitch marker
- tapestry/darning needle
Other Yarns Options
Any fingering weight yarn will do ….
- Manos del Uruguay Alergria: 1 skein
- Koigu KPPPM: 2 to 3 skeins
- Madeline Tosh Merino Light: 1 skein
- Sweet Georgia Party of Five: 1 set
- Fleece Artist Merino 2/6: 1 skein
- Cascade Heritage Wave: 1 skein