JUMBO Travelling Cables Hat
Need a warm hat this winter? I think this hat is an excellent candidate. It’s thick, duper-super soft, and works up FAST. The jumbo cables make it interesting and a bit warmer too. We used one skein of brand new Cascade Spuntaneous, a buttery soft and light as air single ply merino wool. I had a little bit of yarn shortage anxiety, but I was fine and didn’t have to go into a second skein.
One size, and the hat fits a bit small (21″ to 22″ head) but you can make it larger by using larger needles: 10mm/US15 for the ribbing and 12mm/US17 for the rest of the hat.
Our hat was made on 8mm/US11 & 9mm/US13 needles and blocked by washing it in Eucalan and laying flat to dry. We also accidentally knitter an extra row or two in the brim.
Measurements after Blocking (with brim turned up)
- outside: 9.5″ wide & 10″ long
- inside: 8.5″ wide & 10″ long
- brim turned up: 2.75″
- FREE Pattern
- Cascade Spuntaneous: 1 skein
- 8mm.US11-16″ circular needles (or 10mm/US15 for larger sizes)
- 9mm/US13-16″ circular needles (or 12mm/US17 for larger sizes)
- 9mm/US13 double pointed needles (or 12mm/US17 for larger sizes)
- Jumbo cable needle
- Jumbo tapestry needle
- Jumbo stitch marker