Sideways Cable Hat
I think this hat is super cute and super clever – it’s knit sideways and then joined up the side. I think it would look amazing in a semi-solid colourway of Mineville Merino DK, or Cascade 220 Sport Superwash.
If you are intrepid try using a provisional cast on and then invisibly join the two sides using kitchener stitch. If not, that’s ok too – for a nice, easy seam just use a provisional cast on (it’s just casting on with scrap yarn, not hard), and do a three needle bind off to finish. If all of this sounds too daunting to deal with, just cast on normally and seam using mattress stitch.
- Mineville Merino DK: 2 skeins
- Cascade 220 Sport Superwash: 3 skeins
- FREE Pattern
- 3.75mm/US5 needles
- cable needle
- tapestry needle
- tutorial for provisional cast on (optional)
- tutorial for kitchener stitch (optional)
- three needle bind off (optional)
- mattress stitch (optional)