Big Bad Baby Blanket
Normally I wait until projects are finished to play show-and-tell, but this one is working up so beautifully, I had to share. The pattern is my “go-to” baby blanket, the very simple Big Bad Baby Blanket from the book Stitch ‘n Bitch by Debbie Stoller, and the yarn is Koigu KPPPM in colour P112. When it comes to patterns like this, complex colourways absolutely SING! You can, of course, substitute other superwash fingering weight yarns (see below for suggestions).
Stitch ‘n Bitch has been out for quite a while. If you don’t already have it on your bookshelf but you don’t want it new, you can probably pick a used copy for a reasonable price from ABE Books, or find it at your local library (my library, the Toronto Public Libray, has it as an ebook and several hard copies).
- Koigu KPPPM: 8 skeins
- Manos del Uruguay Alegria: 3 skeins
- Mineville Merino Sock: 4 skeins
- Fleece Artist Merino 2/6: 4 skeins
- Fleece Artist Lofty 2/6: 4 skeins
- Malabrigo Mechita: 4 skeins
- Madeline Tosh Merino Light: 4 skeins
- Cascade Heritage: 4 skeins
- 5mm/US8- 29″ circular needles
- 3 stitch markers
- tapestry or darning needle
- Pattern (see above)