We’ve finished up a bunch of samples made with Berroco Wizard, which I’ll be sharing in the next few days …. they’re turning out soooooo beautifully, it’s definitely my favourite new yarn of the year! Wizard is super soft, light, airy, colourful, and slightly textured – perfect for the process and the product knitter in us all! Plus it;s machine washable, so it’s open season for kids & baby knits, sockies & etc. I just finished Malou in it, and I’m already planning to cast on for a second in a different colour. Nuff said?
Bente is a super soft & squishy mosaic stitch blanket made using one color of Wizard. It also works up relatively quickly on 8mm/US11 needles. The painterly colour effects come from working from two balls simultaneously (don’t worry, it’s easy). Our kits are available in both a throw size and a baby blanket size (see modifications below), since the yarn is machine washable.
Skill Level: Intermediate-Beginner (after scarves). (Mosaic stitch is an extremely easy form of colour knitting and only involves slipping stitches from the left needle to the right.
Skills: Knit, slipping stitches, following a pattern, alternating balls of yarn (carrying yarn up the side/stripes)
- Approximately 52″ / 132 cm wide x 62″ / 157.5 cm long
- To make a baby blanket size (approx 36″ x 40″) cast on 115 sts.
When checking your tension do so with WET BLOCKING to get the most accurate stitch gauge.
- 13 sts and 24 rows = 4″ / 10 cm in pattern stitch
Kit DOES NOT include:
Berroco Wizard is a super soft, light & happy bulky weight yarn. It stripes by itself, with bold colors flowing. It has a chainette construction which makes it feel deliciously airy and weightless. The consruction is also respinsible for it’s very generous 240m yardage – the same amount of a typical bulky weight yarn would normally be about 100m to 125m. Wizard is also machine washable, so it’s great for all kinds of projects including blankets, sweaters, hats, scarves, mitts – even a cozy pair of -slipper-socks!
- 85% Superwash Merino Wool, 15% Nylon
- 100g/240m (264 yds)
- Bulky Weight
- 6mm to 6.5mm/US 10 to 10.5 needles
- 6.5mm/K crochet hook
- Knitting Gauge: 14-16 sts & 20-23 rows = 4″ (10cm)
- Crochet Gauge: 13 sc & 16 rows = 4″ (10cm)
- Machine wash separately in cold water on delicate cycle. Lay flat to dry.Made in Italy
- When checking your tension do so with WET BLOCKING to get the most accurate stitch gauge.
Projects & Patterns