Your response to this project was super positive, but you wanted more colour inspiration, so I broke out ye olde camera and had some fun coming up with a bunch more colour combinations for SHARON’S GLAMPING BLANKET 2. I tried to focus on baby blanket friendly colours, neutrals colour combos (you know, the brown palettes, greys), a couple of Christmas combos (for those of you who like to celebrate with a comprehensive decorative theme including a festive throw), a few monochromatic palettes, and a few I lifted from my research (because either people’s brilliance should be celebrated and shared too). Scroll down to see all the colours I’ve come up with, and a few awesome colour combos in the first projects other people made with original Sharon’s Glamping Blanket.
CASAPINKA Sharon’s Glamping Blanket 2
Casapinka is back with a sequel to her extremely popular Sharon’s Glamping Blanket (from 2020) …. SHARON’S GLAMPING BLANKET 2! Yes, if you liked Sharon’s first blanket, you’re sure to love her second! The knitted blanket features bands of fun stitch patterns and stripes making it an engaging project with an eclectic aesthetic.
This playful blanket is made with Berroco Vintage Chunky. This bestselling blend of wool & synthetic fibres is soft, easy to knit with, and is very machine washable! It’s perfect for kids, adults, seniors, picky-men, and cats (Sharon).
Like it’s predecessor, the second iteration of the Sharon’s Glamping Blanket comes in 4 size options:
- Cat (Baby, Lap, Sofa)
- Approx. 18 (24, 32, 42)” / 46 (61, 81.5, 107) cm wide x 25 (33, 43, 54)” / 63.5 (84, 109, 137) cm tall
Pthorne’s Glamping Blanket (OG): colour combo 18 (6175, 6167, 6192, 6180)
VivaciousKnitter’s Glamping Blanket (OG) inspired colour combo 15 (6102, 61194, 6172, 6163)
Williesmom’s Glamping Blanket (OG): colour combo 13 (6101, 6175, 6134, 6152)
Birdette’s Glamping Blanket (OG) inspired colour combo 11 (6108, 6140, 6134, 6189)
cbfairport’s Glamping Blanket (OG) in colour combo 30 (6192, 6194, 6112, 6185)
rachel1936’s Glamping Blanket (OG) in colour 32 (6192, 6107, 6106, 6189)
- .Color A: 1 (1, 2, 4) skeins
- Color B: 1 (2, 2, 3) skeins
- Color C: 1 (1, 2, 3) skeins
- Color D: 1 (1, 3, 3) skeins
Need Colour Inspiration?
- Casapinka and the Berroco Design Team curated a few new colorways for you (see the pictures below).
- You can check out the colours I put together for the first blanket kit – there’s 26 colour combos there, including 3 for Christmas.
- Browse through other people’s finished Glamping Blankets (original edition) on Ravelry from the first kit for inspiration. You can also troll the projects on Instagram.
If you aren’t sure how your colours balance, take a picture of them with your phone and change the colour filter to a back & white setting (like NOIR on iPhones). This is the colour combo in the picture of the blanket above with the cat:
- Colour A – The second lightest colour (6125 Aquae)
- Colour B – The second darkest colour (6106 Smoke)
- Colour C – the lightest colour (6100 Snow Day)
- Colour D – the darkest colour (6140 Orange)