Shaker Rag Top
I love the look of this loose summer top, it’s right up my knitterly alley. The shape and style are so simple, and there’s lots of ease built in for an easy, gentle fit. The stripes are cleverly made by holding 2 strands of the same yarn, and the designers have blogged the entire thing HERE.
- S(M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL)
- Finished bust: 39(44, 48, 53, 57½, 62½)”
Both of these light summery yarns would work up beautifully for this project!
I came across this prettly little summer wrap today and I had to share! It’s a great warm weather knit, take to the cottage, road-trip friendly knit. Plus, it’s made with linen, so its wearable all season too. I love the texture, the pattern makes really good use of two different weights of Quince & Co’s linen (which you know I LURV) for a creative & beautiful effect. Wearable, knitterly, and beautiful – my favourite trifecta!
Popular on Ravelry this week is a classic tee made with one of my favourite yarns, Quince & Co Sparrow (I’m planning another Gillespie with it – I wear it so much that it may become the Summer Haley-special).
From the designer
“Edie is a simple tee worked with raglan increases from the top down. First you have to work back and forth until V-Neck shaping is complete, then in the round to the end. Textured stripes will help to compensate the yarn’s tendency to bias. Short-row shaping for the rounded bottom gives a casual finish. Stitches for short sleeves are picked up after body is complete, to work the sleeves top down in the round. An optional neck finishing is provided. Sample shows unfinished, raw edges.”
To get the finished product you want, keep a few things in mind:
- Linen is VERY stretchy, you may consider going down a size.
- Always swatch before starting your project and block your swatch to get an accurate tension.
- Use our Pantyhose Hack to manage your linen yarn.
- XS (S, M1, M2, L, XL, XXL)
- Finished bust circumference: 33 (35, 37, 39.5, 42, 45, 49.5) in or 83.5 (89, 94.5, 100, 107, 114.5, 125.5) cm
- Sample is size XS with approx. 2 inches of positive ease at bust
- Quince & Co Sparrow 5 (5, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7) skeins Quince; shown in color blue spruce.
- 3.5 mm/US4 circular needles and DPNs. (see pattern for details)
- stich markers
- stitch holders or scrap yarn
- tapestry needle
- blocking tools (optional)
- Pattern Download
Making No. 5 / COLOR
The new issue of Making has arrived, pick up a copy of this print-only publication while it’s around!
Interweave Knits Summer 2018
The latest issue of Interweave has dropped, with 16 multi-season knits!
You asked so we restocked this classic from Quince & Co, timeless knits in Quince & Co Sparrow.
Spring is finally here (if in name only) and we’re starting to start thinking outside the warm & woolly box! I love this simple tank, and I like even more the idea of making it with super soft, cool, and easy to care for (machine wash & dry) Quince & Co Sparrow! The pattern is knit in the round, from the top-down, so you can try it on as you go, and make it as long or cropped as you like.
- Linen is very stretchy, consider going down a size when you plan your project.
- Size (measures at bust): 30” (33”, 36”, 39”), (42”, 45”, 48”)
Bolan is a casual, loose tee, perfect for warm supper days and nights. Made with soft, cool, washable Quince & Co Sparrow it’ll definitely become a go-to garment! Bolan is knitted sideways in four pieces (two panels for the front, two for the back), and worked from the centre out to the ends of the short sleeves
- Shown in size 48½“ / 123 cm on a 33” / 84 cm, 5’ 9” / 175.5 cm tall model (15½” / 39.5 cm positive ease)
- Knitwear models tend to have HUGE shoulders
Quince & Company Sparrow
Sparrow is one of the loveliest linen yarns I’ve ever seen. This super high-quality organic linen is has a slight sheen and works up STUNNINGLY. It has a smooth hand and is crisp as you knit it. After washing and wearing it becomes handkerchief-soft and drapey – perfect for all year wear. It’s great in tanks, shawls, and breezy cardigans, and lovely as can be in bags, wash cloths, and other home accessories. Quince & Co has designed exquisite patterns with Sparrow, you can browse them HERE, or check out all the pattern ideas on Ravelry. You can also see our past blog posts featuring Sparrow.
Photos: Quince & Company
I find this simple little pullover exceptionally inspiring for spring/summer. It’s worked in one piece from the top down with a looser tension and easy yarnovers make for an interesting detail. You know my opinion on these things, I love a good K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Silly), and I consider 250 finished projects on Ravelry a good referral.
Keep in mind, linen is a very drapey and stretchy textile, and if you like your garments closer fitting you might want to go down a size. The garment is shown in size 34″ with no ease. A-line shaping is created by changing to a larger needle size.
- Finished Bust: 31¼ (34, 37, 40, 43, 46, 48¾, 51, 53, 56)” or [79.5 (87, 94, 101.5, 109, 116, 124, 129.5, 134.5, 142) cm]
- Quince & Company Sparrow: 4 (5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8) skeins
- 3.5mm/US4-32″ circular needles
- 3.75mm/US5- 32″ circular needles
- 4mm/US6-32″ circular needles
- 3.5mm/US4 double pointed needles
- stitch markers