Chunky Aran Cabled Throw
Whenever clients come into the store wanting to make a blanket or throw I always recommend this pattern, the Chunky Cabled Aran Throw. I have several clients who have made it with Berroco Vintage Chunky, it always comes out beautifully and they are always thrilled with the results. The yarn is soft, easy to care for (machine washable), easy to work with, and affordable. This is definitely a project that will be treasured!
People usually make of this blanket in neutrals (especially when they are making them as gifts), but if you want another colour and we don’t have it in stock just contact us and we can order more for you!
- 50″ (127cm) wide x 55″ (140cm) long
Shaped Capelet with Braided Cables
I love this little garment, it’s the perfect cover to throw over your shoulders for chilly fall days. It’s knit sideways and includes some very cleverly hidden shaping (which creates gentle drape and and unfussy, elegant fit.
- circumference at lower edge: 38 ½ (44 ¾, 51 ¼)””
- length from top of neckband to front hemline: 13 ½ (14 14 ½)”
- length from top of neckband to back hemline: 16 ½ (17, 17 ½)”
- shown in smallest size
Berroco Vintage: 4 (5, 6) skeins
Cascade Eco: 2 skeins
Malabrigo Mecha: 4 (5, 6) skeins
- 6mm/US10-24″ circular needles
- 5mm/US8-24″ circular needles
- Tapestry needle
- cable needle
- stitch markers
- 5.5mm-I/9 crochet hook
- Pattern via Ravelry/Interweave
We will be closed on Wednesday July 1st for Canada Day, but here’s a little patriotic inspiration, Canadian style …..
I love this blanket, the aesthetic is timeless, historic, and the knitting easy enough for beginners. The original pattern is designed as a crib blanket (34″ wide x 39″ long), but it makes a really lovely lap blanket, so we’ll give you a few yarn options and instructions to make it larger.
- crib blanket (throw)
- 34″ x 39″ (60″ x 70″)
Worsted Weight Yarn
- Cascade 220 Superwash: 6(10) balls 817 (cream), 1(2) balls each; 893 (red), 885 (blue), 877 (yellow), 1950 (green).
- Berroco Vintage: 6(10) balls 5101 (cream), 1(2) balls each; 5150 (red), 5143 (blue), 5121 (yellow), 5152 (green).
- Cascade 220: 6(10) balls 8010 (cream), 1(2) balls each; 4008 (red), 2448 (blue), 9564 (yellow), 9447 (green).
- Use 4.5mm to 5mm (US7 to 8) needles
- Cast on 162(286) stitches
Bulky Weight Yarn
- Berroco Vintage Chunky: 6(10) balls 6101(cream), 1(2) balls each; 6134 (red), 61182 (blue), 6121 (yellow), 6152 (green).
- Use 6mm/US10 needles
- Cast on 120(245) stitches