I stumbled across these cool slippers and thought they’d make AMAZING holiday gifts! There are lots of yarn options, and they just look gorgeous. Cascade Eco has amazing yardage, and 1 skein makes a pair of slippers with lots left over. Berroco Vintage Chunky is soft, affordable and easy to both wear and care for (it’s totlly machine washable and is a blend of wool and synthetic, so it’s sturdier than a 100% wool yarn). Fleece Artist Back Country is a super soft, hand-dyed merino wool that would knit up some unforgettably super funky slippers.
One note: this pattern is for intermediate to experienced knitters. Techniques include German Short Rows (full instructions included in pattern), working in the round (magic loop technique is suggested), picking up stitches, crochet chained border (full instructions included in pattern). It also uses a double knit stitch for the sole, which is not hard but a neat new thing to try out (note, this stitch is NOT the same as the technique of “double knitting”, nor does it have anything to do with the yarn thickness of “Double Knit”).
Oh, and if these slippers aren’t your thing but you’re interested in slippers, the same designer, Bekah Knits, has some other really pretty slipper designs that are worth checking out.
- S (M, L, XL, XXL) to fit US shoe size: W’s 5-6 (W’s 7-8, W’s 9-10, W’s 11/M’s 9-10.5, M’s 11-12.5)
- Fits Foot Length: 8.75” (9.5”, 10”, 10.75”, 11.5”) / 22 (24, 25, 27, 29) cm
- Cascade Eco: 1 skein per colour (or 1 skein if you make them a solid colour)
- Berroco Vintage Chunky: Colour no. 1 (uppers/cream): 2 skeins, Colour no. 2 (bottoms/oatmeal: 1 skein. To make similar slippers, I would use colours 6101 and 6105 in this yarn.
- Fleece Artist Back Country: 2(3, 3, 3, 3, 3) skeins for a pair of slippers in a single colour, otherwise Colour no. 1 (uppers): 2 skeins, Colour no. 2 (bottoms): 1 skein.
- 4mm/US6 straight needles (optional)
- 4mm/US6 – 47″ (or 40″) circular needles (for magic loop)
- 4mm/US6 double pointed needles (2)
- Crochet hook (size H)
- Stitch markers
- stitch holders
- tapestry needle
- fabric paint for soles (optional)