Quince & Co Kestrel
We’ve finally received our new stock of Quince & Co Kestrel! Sorry for the lateness, their shipment was late, then it got stuck in customs, then they shipped it, but half of our order got stuck in customs …. our kestrel has been on an international shipping ODYSSEY (oh the stories it could tell)!
If you aren’t already familiar with Kestrel, it’s a BEAUTIFUL, machine washable, organic linen made it Italy. It’s aran to bulky weight, so it knits up quickly and easily on 5mm/US8 to 6.5mm/US10.5 needles. Linen has a remarkable amount of drape and ease, so you can generally go down one to two sizes in a pattern (when I work with Kestrel on a 6.5mm/US10.5 needle I go down TWO sizes).
Spring-Summer Classes with Kestrel
I love this new pattern by Isabelle Kraemer – it’s casual, simple, and easy to work up in one piece!
- Quince & Co Kestrel: 9 (10, 11, 11, 12, 13, 14) skeins
- 5.5 mm/US9 – 24” (60 cm) and 32” (80 cm) circular needles
- 5.5 mm/US9 DPNs (or longer circular needle for magic loop) for neck, body and sleeves.
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- Pattern via Ravelry
- XS (S, M1, M2, L, XL, XXL)
- finished bust circumference: 36.75 (39, 42, 44.25, 47.5, 50.75, 52.75)” or
92 (97.25, 105.25, 110.75, 118.75, 126.75, 132) cm
- Sample is size S worn with 6” (15.25 cm) positive ease at bust.