Why am I showing you this lovely warm, wool sweater in the middle of August? Because I just noticed that the price of Cascade Eco+ Peruvian Tones is going up this fall, and I’d figured I’d give you a head start. If are thinking about making something in this yarn, like the Carbeth cardigan below, NOW is a great time to pick up the yarn, while it’s still at last year’s price. The cardigan in the pictures is colour 06 Ebony, you only need 2 skeins, and you’ll be saving yourself ten bucks!
This cardigan is intended to be wide, cropped, and to hang bell-like from the shoulders. To fit as shown, it should be knitted with at least 10cm / 4in positive ease at the bust. Pick the size at least 10cm / 4in above your actual bust measurement, and if in doubt, select the next size up. Length can easily be added to the sweater to make it less cropped.
- Finished measurement at bust: 95 (104, 112.5, 124, 135, 143.5, 152.5)cm or 37½ (41, 44½, 49, 53½, 56½, 60)”
- Cascade Eco+ Peruvian Tones: 2 skeins (all sizes)
- Approximately 6.5mm/US105 needles, but see pattern for all the details
- Double pointed needles for i-cord
- 4 stitch markers
- Waste yarn and spare needles or needle cords for holding stitches
- Tapestry needle
- 6 buttons (2.5 cm / 1 in diameter)
- Pattern: Carbeth