Baby Alpaca Braided Cable Hat
I made this Braided Cable Hat with super soft, super pretty Diamond Luxury Baby Alpaca Sport, and I have NO REGRETS! The baby alpaca looks sensational, it’s super soft, super fluffy and airy, and of course, it’s warm. The cables are simple, great for any skill level, and the pattern is a freebie, so that’s always a bonus too.
I topped it with a Raccoon Fur Pompom (size 16cm) – they’re my favourite because they are so light and fluffy, and don’t weigh down the hat too much. If you aren’t a fan of fur you can go with a faux-fur pom-pom, or go classic and make your own pom-pom – I swear by the Clover Pom-Pom Makers, they make BEAUTIFUL pom-poms! Whatever you choose, we sell them all and you can get everything in one place.
Overall, I’m super pleased with this project – it looks like a $200 hat, which isn’t bad for $20 worth of yarn. But beware, once you make one everyone you know will start putting in requests for one of their own!
- Diamond Luxury Baby Alpaca Sport: 1 skein
- 5mm/US8-16″ circular needles
- 7mm/US10.75-16 circular needles (available from Knitter’s Pride & Addi Turbo)
- 7mm/US10.75 double pointed needles (available from Brittany & Knitter’s Pride)
- Cable Needle
- Stitch Marker
- Darning or tapestry needle
- Raccoon Fur Pompom (16cm) or Pom-pom maker (large)
- Free Pattern: Braided Cable Hat