I just wanted to drop you a line and give you an update … things at Knit-O-Matic are still running smoothly and we are open. Things are fluid, so I’m taking things one day at a time – any updates will be posted on our Blog. The bricks and mortar store is open – people have been incredibly conscientious and socially distant, and I have been disinfecting aplenty. The online store is open too, and we are shipping.
For the time being our late night store hours are cancelled, as is the Sit ‘n Knit, group classes, and the upcoming Yarn Swap will be postponed. If you find yourself at home, cleaning out your stash, and want to get rid of the overflow you can still drop it off in sealed plastic bags and we will store it until things return to normal.
Current Store Hours
Monday to Sunday: 12 to 5pm
- Late nights
- Sit ‘n Knit
- Group Classes
- Yarn Swap
The Stash Game!
And now for something new and fun … a digital diversion of sorts! Do you have yarn in your stash that you have no idea what to do with? Send me a photo and description of your yarn and I’ll come up with at least one project idea for it and publish it here. There’s one hitch – you can’t request a type of project. This game is about creativity and stretching yourself, and I’m going to pretend I don’t see any of those pesky lines or limitations and colour wherever inspiration takes me.
To enter, please send the following:
- A clear photo of your yarn. It helps if I can get an idea about the colour as well as the texture (natural sunlight is best for taking pictures).
- The name of your yarn (brand name and product name: for example Berroco Vintage)
- The yarn’s weight (ex. 100g) and yardage (ex. 200m/220yds)
- The yarn’s tension (ex. 18 sts & 24 rows = 4″)
- The yarn’s suggested needle size
- If available, the yarn’s Ravelry page: (ex. https://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/berroco-vintage)
Send your info through any of the following channels with the subject/hashtag #StashGame:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook messenger: https://www.facebook.com/knitomaticyarns/?ref=bookmarks
- Instagram (@knitomaticyarns): https://www.instagram.com/knitomaticyarns/
- Twitter (@knitomatic): https://twitter.com/knitomatic
I can’t wait to see what you come up with … I can’t wait to see what I come up with!