On The C Train
Finally a moment to myself … this project is LONG overdue for blogging, I apologize to you and to it! It’s an On the C Train that I made for my new beau … his first knitted gift. It didn’t really fit him, he turned out to have a surprisingly large head and required more slouch … this is why people date, you need to learn about each other (hat size being crucial for a knitter).
Fit notwithstanding, it came out beautifully! I used Fibre Company Road to China Light and held two strands together, so it is nice and dense and warm. The yarn is OMG WTF DROOL!!! It’s a blend of cashmere, silk, camel and baby alpaca, and it’s totally to die for. I made the hat, but I still hadn’t had enough of it for I made a cowl (below) and after that I cast on for a sweater (still in the works). I was also thinking about making a wrap with it, maybe a Night Shift.
- Fibre Company Road to China Light: 2 skeins (3 for a very slouchy hat … colour is Hematite)
- 3.5mm/US4 – 16″ circular needles
- 4mm/US6 – 16″ circular needles
- 4mm/US6 double pointed needles
- tapestry needle
- FREE Pattern
My second project with Fibre Company Road to China Light … a Pashmina Cowl. I found the pattern in one of my favourite older books Last Minute Knitted Gifts, which can be accessed digitally though the public library. The pattern is so dead easy anybody can do it, it’s very beginner friendly. Check out my project notes on Ravelry for direction. I like it because it’s all about the yarn, which kind of deserves a party thrown in it’s honour.
- 17″ long x 11″ wide (after blocking)
- fit is loose & casual
- Fibre Company Road to China Light: 2 skeins (colour is Beryl)
- 3.75mm/US5 – 16″ circular needles
- tapestry needle
Fibre Company Road to China Light
Fibre Company Road to China Light is the sexiest yarn I’ve ever come across. Seriously, it’s ambrosia! Some clever person thought to combine cashmere, silk, camel and baby alpaca and it feels like … joy and gratitude and unconditional love. This yarn is seriously stashable, but even more knittable! Two skeins makes a Cowl (see above).
- 10% cashmere, 15% silk, 10% camel, 65% baby alpaca
- 50g/145m (159yds)
- 3.25mm/US3 to 3.5mm/US4 needles
- 24 to 26 sts = 4″/10cm
- Sport weight
- Hand wash, lay flat to dry
- Made in the UK
- See other peoples Projects
- See pattern ideas