Clients are always asking me for a simple summer tank that won’t take too long to knit … it looks like Berroco has heard your prayers! Charlotte Amelie is an uncomplicated tank made on 8mm/US11 needles and Berroco Estiva. It’s worked from the top-down, in one piece in the round, with A-line shaping through the body.
Estiva is a soft, machine washable 100% cotton tape yarn that’s made in Italy. It knits up in a monochrome gradation that gently fades from dark to light (or vice versa), so you get some interest in your garment and knitting without any jarring colour changes or bands. When dealing with the placement of light and dark, my general rule of thumb is plant to put the darker colour on the bottom and the lighter part up top. Dark colours recede and light colours stand out, so light colours will attract the eye. When faced with the end of a ball of Estiva I’ve opted to maintain the colour flow and have put the lights back-to-back and the same with the darker parts.
- Finished Bust: 32 (36½, 41, 43½, 48, 52½, 57, 61¾, 64)”
- Lower Edge: 41 (45¾, 50¼, 52½, 57, 61¾, 66¼, 70¾, 73)”Length: 21¼ (21¾, 22½, 23, 22½, 23, 23½, 24½, 24½)”
- Shown in size 36½”.
- Recommended ease: 2-4″ positive ease.
- Berroco Estiva: 2 (2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4) cakes (2638 Violet)
- 8mm/US11 – 29″ AND 36″ needles
- Optional 8mm/US11 needle
- 1 stitch marker
- waste yarn