For those of you who are not neck deep in holiday knitting, I thought this might be a nice bit of inspiration to keep you busy!
Casapinka Glamping Blanket
This adorable blanket is a graphic combination of colours and textures. The yarn, Berroco Vintage Chunky, is the PERFECT blanket yarn – it’s soft and cozy, it knits up quickly, and it’s easy to wash – ideal for comfy snuggling for all ages and species! The pattern comes with 4 sizes, ranging from a cat blanket, baby blanket to a full sized sofa throw. You can also join the Sharon’s Gamping Blanket KAL (knit-a-long)!
You have two options for acquiring this project:
1. You can get the yarn right now on our website. We actually carry this yarn all year, it’s a staple around the store (although some popular colours have been in short supply due to COVID related production shortages). You can see what other people have done HERE (I like the contrast between the bright orange and red in this one).
2. The distributor and designer have collaborated to make kits available, which you can pre-order below (4 colours and 4 sizes available) and we will get it for you!
- Cat Blanket: 18″ X 22”
- Baby Blanket/Small Dog/Portly Cat: 24″ X 36” (side-eye to Kit Kat)
- Dog and Lap Blanket (or a larger baby blanket): 35″ X 44”
- Sofa Blanket (for humans): 46″ X 58”
- Berroco Vintage Chunky: colour A. 1 (2, 3, 5) hanks, colour B. 1 (2, 2, 4) hanks,
colour C. 1, (2, 2, 4) hanks, colour D. 1, (1, 2, 3) hanks. The sample blanket is done in: A: Sunny (yellow), B: Mochi (off white), C: Fondant (pink), D: Mushroom (beige).
Kit DOES NOT Include
- 6mm/US10 – 32″ circular needles.
- See Finished Projects HERE
- This yarn is machine washable.
- If you’d like to see the colours more closely you can visit us in-store, we carry the yarn all year.
- This kit is a Special Order, and it may take up to 2 weeks for us to receive it. The colour combinations listed are the ones on offer from the company, but if you would like to create your own combination we are happy to ask them and see if we can make that work.
The sample blanket is done in: A: Sunny (yellow), B: Mochi (off white), C: Fondant (pink), D: Mushroom (beige). To help you chose a balanced colour palette, the sample blanket’s colours are distributed like this:
- Colour A is your darkest colour, it requires 1 (2, 3, 5)skeins
- Colour B is your lightest colour, it requires 1 (2, 2, 4) skeins
- Colour C is your second lightest or a medium-light colour, it requires 1, (2, 2, 4) skeins
- Colour D is your second darkest colour or a medium-dark colour, it requires 1, (1, 2, 3) hanks.
To check on the balance of lightness or darkness in your palette you can take a digital picture of them and use your camera’s editing settings and change the picture it to black & white or monochrome. You’ll get a good idea of how much contrast, or lack-thereof, is in your colour combo!