Nurtured in Rios
The best inspiration come from people doing things …. This sweater project by ElinorGray on Ravelry is gorgeous! She used Malabrigo Rios to make Nurtured by Andrea Mowry, and WOW, the two look like they were made for each other! I’d say the skill level is around an intermediate – not the perfect choice for your first sweater, but once you know what to expect when making a sweater you should be fine.
A few notes for a successful knit …
- Make at least a 5″ x 5″ square tension swatch and block it. This yarn will let go and stretch when washed, so to get an accurate fit you need to do your prep work.
- Because this yarn is hand-dyed no two skeins are alike (for the multi-colours different skeins within the same bag can look different). We always try to match the skeins as closely as possible when we send them out. To get the most consistent colour distribution possible, it is always suggested with hand-dyed yarns that you work with two balls and alternate them every couple of rows. Here’s a Video to help you with this.
- If you want your sweater a bit less cropped get an extra skein.
- Finished Bust: 36 (40, 44, 48, 52)(56, 60, 64, 67.5)” OR 91.5 (101.5, 112, 122, 132)(142, 152.5, 162.5, 171.5) cm
- Intended to be worn with 4-6”/10-15 cm positive ease. To pick your best size, measure your full bust and add your desired ease, then pick the finished bust circumference closest to that number.
- Sample shown in size 2 with 6”/15 cm positive ease.