We just got the new Louet/Kollage Interchangeable Needle Sets and they are LOVELY! I’m seriously feeling extremely enthusiastic and looking forward to see what they make next. Please note, these needles are SQUARE shaped, which many people find extremely comfortable (some find them easier to use, I’ve always found them enjoyable). Hopefully an interchangeable round needle set will be forthcoming too?
Anyway, these are the things I love about the Louet/Kollage Interchangeable Needle Set:
- The needles are Beautiful. They’re smooth, elegant, a gorgeous medium grey aluminum.
- The size markings are ETCHED in the needle, so they won’t be going anywhere.
- The cables/cords are extremely pliable.
- The needles can rotate once they are connected to the cables.
- The join is quite smooth (at least on the ones I tried)
- The case for the FULL set is GREAT! It’s sturdy and extremely well made. It has space for a second set of needles (presumably for when they come out with a set of shorter tips?), as well as two large clear pouches for more cords (so you can see what you are looking for), and another zipper pouch on the outside of the case. The case along could easily retail for at least $50.
- The case for the MINI set is lovely. It’s pretty, slim, well made, and easy to use.
- The Youtube video (see below) on how to connect and disconnect them is clear and easy to follow.
I recommend watching this video before diving into your Louet/Kollage Interchangeable Needle Set, their system is kind-of novel.
Louet/Kollage FULL Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set
- 11 tips: 2.75, 3, 3.25, 3.5, 3.75, 4, 4.5m, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 8 mm (US size 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11)
- 3 firm and 3 soft cords, (24″, 32″, 40″)
- cable ends
- interchangeable tool
- a great quality, clever and sturdy case
Louet/Kollage MINI Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set
- 7 tips: 3.5, 3.75, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 mm (US size 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10)
- 3 firm cables, (24″, 32″, 40″)
- cable ends
- interchangeable tool
- a functional case
What an adorable holiday gift for knitters?! The Mason Dixon Coloring Book for Knitters is exactly what it sounds like in the best way possible: 32 pages of colouring inspired by and taken directly from knitting and knitting patterns. Each of the unique designs included have a fresh take on stitching, to yarnwork, to patterns, and more. Best of all, the book prints on one-sided sheets that eliminate show through and make it possible to remove and hang your drawings as keepsakes once completed. Perfect for the devoted knitter in your life, this is an adult colouring book that is sure to find a home in any knitting bag or yarn box.
Knowknits GoKnit Pouches
You’ve been asking, so we have restocked our inventory of Knowknit GoKnit Project Bags. These bags are among my favourite knitting accessories EVER. They’re sturdy, light, hard wearing, made in the first world, and most important, a DELIGHT to use. You may not be at this price-point with your project bags (yet), and that’s fine, but if you are, I don’t think you’ll have any regrets – I use mine constantly and religiously.
Knowknit GoKnit Pouches are the prefect way to carry your projects. They are lightweight, made with Nylon ripstop fabric, are machine washable and dryable. The design features an interior loop to prevent tangling and an exterior loop that attaches to your purse or belt-loop. The top closes with a sturdy nylon drawstring and stays in place with a cord lock. GoKnit pouches are long wearing, are extremely well made and durable. Available in three sizes and a rainbow of colours. Made in the USA.
- Perfect for sock knitting and small projects
- 8″ high x 6″ wide
- Fits an adult sweater
- 11″ high x 8″ wide
- Fits afghans or coats
- Drawstring attached to the bottom, forming a shoulder strap
- 13″ high x 11″ wide
We’ve restocked our collection of needle cases and bags from DellaQ! We’ve been carrying DellaQ for a number of years because their products are GREAT. Their stuff is well made, it works the way it is supposed to, and it is made ethically.
Della (yes, there is a real lady named Della behind DellaQ, and she’s really nice) designs and creates bags and needle cases for knitters and crocheters who:
- Desperately want to be organized.
- Want to spend more time knitting and less time searching for needles.
- Own enough needles and hooks to create a life size Eiffel Tower.
- Have families that told them to clean up their knitting supplies or start looking for another place to live.
- Are totally over bags that are heavy before you put anything into them.
- Love smart designs and quality sewing.
- Simply love beautiful looking accessories.
- People who want to know where their stuff comes from, and that the people making it aren’t being exploited.
You can read more about Della and her knitting & crochet accoutrements HERE, and why your DellaQ purchase matters.
Easy Loose Cabled Cowl
Our loose cabled cowl is a last minute knits that work up FAST! We made ours light and airy on 15mm/US19 needles and two skeins of Malabrigo Rasta, but you can also you one Cascade Magnum, Cascade Spuntaneous, or three Estelle Big Alpaca Bulky.
Malabrigo Rasta: 2 skeins
Cascade Magnum: 1 skein
Cascade Spuntaneous: 1 skein
Estelle Big Alpaca Bulky: 3 skeins
DellaQ Tess Yarn Caddy (Large)
Tess is large enough for a sweater or blanket project. Tess stands on her own with pockets, pockets, pockets – four exterior and two interior. She won’t let you down and fall over. She’s a caddy and not a shoulder bag. Don’t try to throw her over your shoulder, she prefers to swing next to you. DellaQ threw this bag in a front loading washing machine and let it air dry. It looks fantastic! It is a bit softer, but it is still stiff enough to stand up.
The inside includes a zip pocket and an open pocket for smaller tools.
DellaQ Cleo Yarn Caddy (Medium)
Cleo stands on her own with pockets, pockets, pockets – four exterior and two interior. She won’t let you down and fall over. She’s a caddy and not a shoulder bag. Don’t try to throw her over your shoulder, she prefers to swing next to you. The Cleo Yarn Caddy is perfect for a medium size project. We threw this bag in a front loading washing machine and let it air dry. It looks fantastic! It is a bit softer, but it is still stiff enough to stand up. The inside includes a zip pocket and an open pocket for smaller tools.
- Width: 8 inches
- Height: 12.5 inches
DellaQ Combo Needle Case
Haven’t made the decision yet whether you like straights, circulars or double points? Maybe you like them all and want them in one case. This tri-fold case includes nine pockets in the center for circulars. The outer flaps hold 18 straights and/or double points. We know this is a common design, but our case holds more than most cases and it is far prettier! The case is tall enough for those needles that insist on being a bit too tall to fit in any other case. There are no numbers like many of our other cases so you’ll need to be a little bit organized or keep a needle gauge in the case. Oh, right, there is also a zip pocket for stitch markers or a piece of chocolate. Fold it up and tie it in a bow (refer to your mother for bow tying instructions).
- Eighteen unnumbered pockets for straights and double points
- Nine unnumbered pockets for circulars
- Includes numbered tabs for customization
- Open: 14.5″ w x 15″ h Closed: 15.5″ x 6″
- Taffeta silk and Poly Silk
DellaQ Circular Needle Case
For those who don’t know about DellaQ’s circular needle cases, let’s just say “they rock”! The case includes twelve numbered pockets. Did you catch that? Numbered. For those who need directions, put the size 6 needle in the size 6 pocket. You can even store more than one set in each pocket. The security flap on each pocket can be folded over the top or tucked in like an envelope. Includes a small zip pocket behind the sixth pocket for storing notions or an emergency piece of chocolate.
- Twelve numbered pockets
- Secure flap on each pocket to hold needles
- US Numbers: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, 15
- Metric Numbers: 3.25, 3.5, 3.75, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Closed: 8.5″ w x 8.5″ h Open: 18.5″ x 8.5″
Della Q Double Point Needle Case
You LOVE double point needles. You own two in every size from 0 to 10.5 US. Time to organize them in something other than those plastic sleeves or “ahem” your special needle drawer.
- Two rows of fourteen numbered pockets, two unnumbered
- Accommodates DPN’s up to 8″ in length
- US Numbers: 0, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.5
- Metric Numbers: 2, 2.25, 2.5, 2.75, 3, 3.25, 3.5, 3.75, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5
- Closed: 10.25″ h. Open: 16″ w x 10.25″ h.
We created our Beginner Knitting Kit with absolute beginners of all ages in mind. The kit includes a colourful skein of self-striping machine washable vegan yarn, knitting needles, a darning needle to weave in the ends, and a How To Knit booklet with clear instructions and recommendations, and comes in a clear re-closable bag.