Fleece Artist Thrum Mitten Kits
Fleece Artist’s Thrummed Mitten Kits are back, just in time to whip up a pair in time winter (the Farmer’s Almanac has forecast a cold winter for Canada). These mitts are SERIOUSLY warm and cosy, and are a must-have for anyone who spends time outside (like dog owners and the person in the house who does the shovelling).
Thrumming is a very old technique that is seriously fun and functional. Small tufts of roving (wool that hasn’t been spun into yarn yet) are knit into the garment creating a fuzzy warm layer on the inside and irresistible dots of colour the outside. As you wear them, the thrummed roving felts down, keeping your hands warm and cozy (take note dog owners, these are ideal winter dog walking mitts). The mittens will be the colour of the yarn and the thrums (roving) will peek through. This kit can also be used to make Thrummed Socks (great as house-socks or slippers)! Each kit is individually hand-dyed, no two will be exactly alike. Kit does not include needles: 3.5mm/US4 double pointed needles are required.
- Pattern & instructions (or you can download them free HERE)
- Yarn: Fleece Artist Blue Face Leicester Aran, 125g (100% wool)
- Roving: 60g (100% wool)
- Sizes included: Child, Adult Small, Adult Medium, and Adult Large.
Gleener Swet Bags
We sold out of these sweet bags in a single day, so we restocked them right away! And because you liked them so much, we also ordered both the medium and the larger size in the pretty aqua “Brainy Yak”. The medium makes for a perfect regular sized project bag, and the large size is great for larger projects like sweaters and blankets (or a couple of kids’ worth of wet swimming stuff). We also ordered some of the simple “Black Chaos” style in size medium, for those of you who are like me and want something a little more circumspect.
The new Gleener Swet Bags are adorable, and they make perfect project bags, but they’re so much more. They’re designed to keep odours, wetness and messed contained. The zipper and lining are both waterproof, so they also make a great travel companion to the gym, swimming or beyond. Keep your projects safe, clean and dry anywhere you go!
- Medium: 10.5″ x 14″
- Large: 16″ x 21″
- Machine wash in cold water, flip it inside out and hang it up to line dry overnight.
We just got the new Louet/Kollage Interchangeable Needle Sets and they are LOVELY! I’m seriously feeling extremely enthusiastic and looking forward to see what they make next. Please note, these needles are SQUARE shaped, which many people find extremely comfortable (some find them easier to use, I’ve always found them enjoyable). Hopefully an interchangeable round needle set will be forthcoming too?
Anyway, these are the things I love about the Louet/Kollage Interchangeable Needle Set:
- The needles are Beautiful. They’re smooth, elegant, a gorgeous medium grey aluminum.
- The size markings are ETCHED in the needle, so they won’t be going anywhere.
- The cables/cords are extremely pliable.
- The needles can rotate once they are connected to the cables.
- The join is quite smooth (at least on the ones I tried)
- The case for the FULL set is GREAT! It’s sturdy and extremely well made. It has space for a second set of needles (presumably for when they come out with a set of shorter tips?), as well as two large clear pouches for more cords (so you can see what you are looking for), and another zipper pouch on the outside of the case. The case along could easily retail for at least $50.
- The case for the MINI set is lovely. It’s pretty, slim, well made, and easy to use.
- The Youtube video (see below) on how to connect and disconnect them is clear and easy to follow.
I recommend watching this video before diving into your Louet/Kollage Interchangeable Needle Set, their system is kind-of novel.
Louet/Kollage FULL Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set
- 11 tips: 2.75, 3, 3.25, 3.5, 3.75, 4, 4.5m, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 8 mm (US size 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11)
- 3 firm and 3 soft cords, (24″, 32″, 40″)
- cable ends
- interchangeable tool
- a great quality, clever and sturdy case
Louet/Kollage MINI Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set
- 7 tips: 3.5, 3.75, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5 and 6.0 mm (US size 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10)
- 3 firm cables, (24″, 32″, 40″)
- cable ends
- interchangeable tool
- a functional case
What an adorable holiday gift for knitters?! The Mason Dixon Coloring Book for Knitters is exactly what it sounds like in the best way possible: 32 pages of colouring inspired by and taken directly from knitting and knitting patterns. Each of the unique designs included have a fresh take on stitching, to yarnwork, to patterns, and more. Best of all, the book prints on one-sided sheets that eliminate show through and make it possible to remove and hang your drawings as keepsakes once completed. Perfect for the devoted knitter in your life, this is an adult colouring book that is sure to find a home in any knitting bag or yarn box.
Knowknits GoKnit Pouches
You’ve been asking, so we have restocked our inventory of Knowknit GoKnit Project Bags. These bags are among my favourite knitting accessories EVER. They’re sturdy, light, hard wearing, made in the first world, and most important, a DELIGHT to use. You may not be at this price-point with your project bags (yet), and that’s fine, but if you are, I don’t think you’ll have any regrets – I use mine constantly and religiously.
Knowknit GoKnit Pouches are the prefect way to carry your projects. They are lightweight, made with Nylon ripstop fabric, are machine washable and dryable. The design features an interior loop to prevent tangling and an exterior loop that attaches to your purse or belt-loop. The top closes with a sturdy nylon drawstring and stays in place with a cord lock. GoKnit pouches are long wearing, are extremely well made and durable. Available in three sizes and a rainbow of colours. Made in the USA.
- Perfect for sock knitting and small projects
- 8″ high x 6″ wide
- Fits an adult sweater
- 11″ high x 8″ wide
- Fits afghans or coats
- Drawstring attached to the bottom, forming a shoulder strap
- 13″ high x 11″ wide
We’ve restocked our collection of needle cases and bags from DellaQ! We’ve been carrying DellaQ for a number of years because their products are GREAT. Their stuff is well made, it works the way it is supposed to, and it is made ethically.
Della (yes, there is a real lady named Della behind DellaQ, and she’s really nice) designs and creates bags and needle cases for knitters and crocheters who:
- Desperately want to be organized.
- Want to spend more time knitting and less time searching for needles.
- Own enough needles and hooks to create a life size Eiffel Tower.
- Have families that told them to clean up their knitting supplies or start looking for another place to live.
- Are totally over bags that are heavy before you put anything into them.
- Love smart designs and quality sewing.
- Simply love beautiful looking accessories.
- People who want to know where their stuff comes from, and that the people making it aren’t being exploited.
You can read more about Della and her knitting & crochet accoutrements HERE, and why your DellaQ purchase matters.
Easy Loose Cabled Cowl
Our loose cabled cowl is a last minute knits that work up FAST! We made ours light and airy on 15mm/US19 needles and two skeins of Malabrigo Rasta, but you can also you one Cascade Magnum, Cascade Spuntaneous, or three Estelle Big Alpaca Bulky.
Malabrigo Rasta: 2 skeins
Cascade Magnum: 1 skein
Cascade Spuntaneous: 1 skein
Estelle Big Alpaca Bulky: 3 skeins