Our SUMMER SALE continues until until September 5, 11:59pm! Select products (including some clearance items!) are 20% OFF! The discount is online and in-store, and it will be automatically be added at check-out, so you don’t have to jump through any extra hoops or remember to put in a discount code (this discount can not be combined with any other offers or discounts – you don’t be able to use another discount code when you check-out).
Tin Can Knits is a design duo who I recommend in the store constantly because their patterns are extremely well written, they’re are accessible to multiple skill levels, they always come in almost ALL sizes imaginable, and some of them are even FREE! Plus, they are Canadian (and it may not be connected, but when I write to them with questions or suggestions they’re always really helpful and kind)! Now Tin Can Knits has a FREE app, so if you are digitally inclined and you’ve got room on your phone for one more download, I say it is worth checking it out!
Orders will be available to ship/pick-up 15 September, 2023
The beautiful autumn issue is here! In Laine 18 — called Weekend Getaway — they take time to relax in a little cottage by the forest. The versatile and comfortable knits are suited for both indoors and outdoors, and they are the perfect addition to your wardrobe as the days get colder.
– 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 5 sweaters, 2 cardigans, 1 slipover, 1 shawl, 1 hat and 1 pair of mittens.
– An interview with the American knitwear designer and fashion historian Sydney Crabaugh, who specialises in vintage knits and runs her own virtual knitting school.
– An article about Shetland and its knitting traditions, with two inspiring designers — Gudrun Johnston and Mary Jane Mucklestone — as our guides.
– Jeanette Sloan’s Fibre Talk: a regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Tanis “Akutuq” Simpson, whose company produces yarn from qiviut: a fibre that comes from the undercoat of the muskox.
– Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro, who gathers experts’ tips on mending your knits.
– Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, we meet Nora, who likes to knit on the rooftop of her home in Cologne, Germany.
– Seasonal recipes to inspire your autumn cooking.
– Book reviews.
Designers featured in this issue: Jenny Ansah, Marcela Chang, Melissa Clulow, Emma Ducher, Jenna Kostet, Ksenia Naidyon, Olga Putano, Tiia Reho, Anna Sjösvärd and Julia Wilkens.
Orders will be available to ship/pick-up September 7, 2023
Guest Editor: Candice English of The Farmer’s Daughter Fibers
“Collaborating with creatives we admire is one of the great joys of making Pom Pom. Candice English of The Farmer’s Daughter Fibers has been an inspiration to us for a long time, both as a dyer and as an advocate for Indigenous women. We are thrilled to welcome Candice as Guest Editor for this issue.Candice has brought a fresh perspective to these pages, along with her distinctive aesthetic, drawing from both her Indigenous roots and life in the American West. We are so grateful to her for sharing herself, her work, and her family with us. It’s an honour to be trusted with the stories and creativity of each contributor to this autumn issue. The patterns in this issue are a representation of hard and soft duality in the American West. The hard work embedded in the people of Montana is a result of the softness you find in the spirit of Indigenous homelands. You will find classic designs that can be worn in utilitarian ways but also jazzed up a bit for social outings.”
Featuring designs by: Allison Lutes // Esti Juango // Elena Solier Jansà // Natalie Bullock // Sandy Jones // Lindsey Fowler // Lena Zharichenko // Lee Ann Yazzie // Imke von Nathusius // Tin Can Knits
Your purchase of the print magazine also includes access to a digital copy, which will be emailed to you on publication day, 7 September 2023. You can also access a digital copy via Ravelry using the download code printed on the inside cover of the magazine from the same date.