I love this new pattern by Pam Allen, made with Quince & Co Kestrel. Of course it’s a gorgeous spring/summer cardigan, made with gorgeous yarn, but it’s also knit seamlessly from the bottom-up (SEAMLESS is one of my favourite words, I can’t tell you how sexy I find it).
I think this pattern is probably suitable intermediate knitters or advanced beginners who are ready to take a leap forward. Special skills required include:
- long tail backwards-loop cast on (no biggy)
- short rows (intermediate skill)
- three needle bind-off (not a big deal)
- seaming (I know they said seamless, but I guess there is a bit? anyway, it’s good to learn & practice is the only way)
Check out our Kestrel Knit Hacks!
- Bust Circumference: 33¾ (37, 40¼, 43½, 46¾, 49¾, 53)” or [85.5 (94, 102, 110.5, 118.5, 126.5, 134.5) cm]
- shown in size 37″ [94 cm] with 3″ [7.5 cm] positive ease
- Quince & Co Kestrel: 9 (10, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14) skeins
- 5mm/US8- 32″ circular needles
- 5.5mm/US9-32″ circular needles
- 5mm/US8 double pointed needles
- 5.5mm/US9 double pointed needles
- Tapestry or darning needle
- sewing needle & matching thread (to join yarn)