1. The pattern calls for 200m, so one skein should have been enough, but we used an extra 20m, so consider getting a second skein (you can make a cute matching baby hat with the extra).
2. The pattern DOES NOT include instructions for button holes. They expect you to sew on snaps and any buttons are decorative. If you want you can put a yarn-over button holes, our buttons are spaced about 12 to 14 rows apart.
3. If you want to make a larger size the pattern is available as “Tristan” up to size 12 months, but it isn’t free.
4. After Blocking our tension came out a bit looser than the pattern’s (ours is 19 sts & 27 rows = 10cm, theirs is 22 sts & 30 rows = 10cm), which means that our garment is larger than the pattern’s and isn’t really newborn size. Ours measures 23.5cm across the chest, theirs is 20cm. According the The Craft Yarn Council’s Baby Size Chart 47cm chest circumference is a bit smaller than an 18 month size.
- FREE Pattern
- Mineville Merino DK: 2 skeins
- 4mm/US6 – 29″ circular needles
- 4mm/US double pointed needles
- cable hook
- stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- needle & thread to match
- Our Ravelry Project