Quince and Co Kestrel
We received our new stock of Quince and Co Kestrel! If you aren’t already familiar with Kestrel, it’s a BEAUTIFUL, machine washable, organic linen made it Italy. It’s aran to bulky weight, so it knits up quickly and easily on 5mm/US8 to 6.5mm/US10.5 needles. Linen has a remarkable amount of drape and ease, so you can generally go down one to two sizes in a pattern (when I work with Kestrel on a 6.5mm/US10.5 needle I go down TWO sizes)
Sandhsore is still one of my favourite sweaters made with Quince and Co Kestrel. It’s light and and breezy, easy to wear and uncomplicated to make. It’s a perfect cover-up for summer nights and spring days. Don’t believe me? Check out the finished projects on Ravelry, where there are lots of happy knitters.
Quince and Co Kestrel is an aran to bulky weight yarn made with 100% organic linen. It’s machine washable (put it in a delicate bag first), easy to care for, easy to work with, and works up with great results. You can check out our finished store projects, we adore the quality and knitability and have been working with it every summer for years!
- Quince and Co Kestrel: 7(8, 9, 10, 11) skeins
- 5.5 mm/US9 – 32″ circular needles
- 6.5 mm/US9 – 32″ circular needles
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- 6 stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- Pattern via Ravelry
- S(M, L, XL, XXL)
- Finished Bust: 31 [35, 39, 43, 47]”/, 79[89, 99, 109, 119[ cm including 1.5 [2, 2.5, 3, 3.5]” of
open space between front edges.
- Note: linen knits tend to stretch, especially when they are knit at a looser tension (like this sweater). Consider choosing a size smaller than you would normally go for.