Chevron Baby Blanket
Mallory finished our Chevron Baby Blanket made with Urth Uneek Worsted and it’s just a beautiful as I thought it would be. Our turned out a bit smaller than expected, but we only used 2 skeins of yarn. I’ve done the math and adjusted the number for larger sizes for you, including suggestions for the yarn required. Urth Uneek Worsted is a really special yarn – it’s a gorgeous, hand-painted, self-striping, machine washable super-soft merino wool, and their colourways absolutely GLOW with life.
- The pattern is straightforward (and free), and the yarn is soft and stunning, so I don’t think you can go wrong with this project.
- If you are looking for a similar look but can’t handle the price-tag, try using Berroco Comfort Print. It’s soft, machine washable, self-striping, costs a third of the price, and the yardage is the same as the Urth Uneek Worsted. If you go with this option be sure to choose the colours that are labelled ‘stripes’ – it also comes in variegated colours.
- I highly suggest you use stitch markers to demark the pattern repeats, it will make so much easier and hep you keep track of where you are in the row.
- I also suggest putting in a life-line every now and again, just in case you make a mistake and have to rip a few rows back.
- We blocked out blanket using the Knitter’s Pride Knit Blockers and I AM IN LOVE with them! They made blocking a million times easier and faster!
- As noted above, our project came out small, so I’ve laid-out the numbers for larger sizes. I also thought it would make a gorgeous and easy wrap, so I included the numbers for that, as well as for a larger throw blanket.
Our blanket came out 24”(61cm) wide by 28.5″(72cm) long after blocking. The pattern is written for one size, but based on our tension I’ve drafted some suggestions for larger sizes, a wrap and a throw blanket.
- Baby Blanket – 24”(61cm) wide by 28.5″(72cm) long: cast on 121 sts
- Baby Blanket – 28.5”(72cm) wide x 34”(86cm) long: cast on 145 sts
- Baby Blanket – 33”(84cm) wide x 39”(99cm) long: cast on 169 sts
- Baby Blanket – 37.5”(95cm) wide x 45”(114cm) long: cast on 193 sts
- Wrap/Shawl – 19.5”(49.5cm) wide x 60”(152cm) long (or longer): cast on 97 sts
- Throw Blanket – 51″(129cm) wide x 60″(152cm) long: cast on 265 sts
- Urth Uneek Worsted: 2(3, 4, 5, 4, 9) skeins (see sizes above, shown in colour 4014)
- 4.5mm/US7 – 29″ circular needles (or longer)
- Stitch Markers (locking or fixed)
- Our Ravelry Notes
- FREE pattern