You can’t go wrong with a simple, striped pullover like Confetti. The design is super flattering; fitted through the shoulders, arms and bust, but comfortable and slightly a-line through the body. Make it with a soft, light, machine washable merino yarn like Manos del Uruguay Alegria (a hand-dyed semi-solid), or if you prefer the crisp look of a mechanically dyed yarn, try Cascade Heritage (also easier on the budget). For a pretty single ply merino try Madeline Tosh Tosh Merino Light.
Finished chest circumference: 30 (34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54)” or 75 (85, 95, 105, 115, 125, 135) cm.
- Main Colour (both yarns): 2(3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4) skeins
- Contrast Colour (both yarns): 1(1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2) skeins
- 3.5mm/US4 circular needles (see pattern for details)
- 3mm/US2.5 circular needles (see pattern for details)
- double pointed or 12″ circular needles in above sizes for arms (see pattern for details)
- stitch markers, one in a contrasting colour
- Darning or tapestry needle