Rosie finished her Adrift cardigan last week and I wanted to show you how gorgeous it is! The yarn, Urth Uneek Fingering (ON SALE NOW!) is absolutely gorgeous, the striping turned out beautifully for both the arms and the body.
The pattern isn’t specifically intended to be worn oversized, but you know how mannequins are – one size fits all. The pattern is written from the top down, so it’s easy to make it as large or small as you like, and the sleeves can be short, 3/4, or long, it’s super simple to make adjustments.
If stripes aren’t your thing you can also make it in a solid, semi-solid, or variegated colourway, so you can substitute any fingering weight yarn (the number of skeins required would be the same as in the materials below).
- Cascade Heritage Solid is a great, soft, economical option for a solid or heathered colour.
- Manos Alegria Semi-Solids would be a stunning yet subtle look. ON SALE NOW!
- Manos Alegria Multis would make a gorgeous, randomly coloured cardie. ON SALE NOW!
- The pattern was originally designed with Malabrigo Lace and 4mm/US6 needles, which would make the cardie super light and airy. ON SALE NOW!
- To fit bust: 30 (33, 36, 39, 42, 45, 48, 51, 54)”/ 76 (84, 91.5, 99, 106.5, 114.5, 122, 129.5, 137.5) cm
- Length: 17.25 (17.5, 18, 18.25, 18.5, 18.75, 19, 20, 20.5)”/44 (44.5, 45.5, 46.5, 47, 47.5, 48.5, 51, 52) cm.
- Urth Uneek Fingering: 3 (3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5) skeins (colour 3010)
- 3.5mm/US4 -32″ circular needles (or longer)
- 3.5mm/US4 double pointed needles (or try some 12″ circular needles)
- Stitch Markers