I kinda love the slouchy, deconstructed quality of this sweater. Texture replaces colourwork in the yoke, evoking a fair-isle sweaters without creating the bulk of layers of yarn. It’s a light, easy to wear spring & summer top. It’s meant to fit oversized, so take that into account when choosing your size.
The body and sleeves of this pullover are worked in the round from the bottom up to the yoke, then the pieces are joined for working the circular yoke. If you haven’t already read about the yarn, BC Garn Bio Balance, (if you have you can skip ahead to the next section … seriously, it’s a copy-cut-paste) it’s soft, light, comfortable, and comes in a great selection of colours. It’s a 100% organic and GOTS certified blend of cotton & wool, and kind of feels the way I’ve always wanted cotton to feel (but doesn’t). And FYI, the GOTS certification is a real THING. It means the product is truly organic and humanely handled from the field to the distributor (once it hits the store shelves it’s an ethical free-for-all, choose your yarn pusher wisely). BTW, there’s a lot of yardage on these little skeins, so PLEASE feel free to ask us to wind it for you before shipping or picking it up.
- Circumference at Underarm: 42 (48, 54, 60, 66)“
- Pullover shown measures 48”; modeled with 15” of positive ease.
- BC Garn Bio Balance: 6 (7, 8, 8, 9) skeins (colour 05)
- 2.75 mm/US2 – 40″ circular needles
- 3.5 mm/US4 – 40” circular needles
- 2.75 mm/US2 double-pointed needles
- 3.5 mm/US4 double-pointed needles
- 3.5 mm/US4 – 16” circular needles
- 3.5 mm/US4 – 24″ circular needles
- stitch markers
- stitch holders or scrap yarn
- tapestry needle
- Check your local library’s online resources to see if they offer this magazine digitally
- If you were thinking about investing in a set of interchangeable needles this might be a good time. Chiaogoo makes sets that go as small as 2.75mm/US2 (both a Half Set that goes up to 5mm/US8 and a Full Set that goes up to 10mm/US15). If you get the 4″ tips you can use them to make 16″/hat sized needles.