NEW Special Order Kits
Some of our yarn distributors have been creating special kits to help knitters and retailers during COVID, and as I come across ones I think you’ll like (and that I know I would enjoy) I’ve been sharing them. We can’t stock all these kits for you (there’s only so much room in the store) but we can special order them for you, so that is what we are doing! I’ve created a special section on our website in the main menu under “Kits” called SPECIAL ORDER KITS, and there you can find the cool things that I find! All of these kits can be special ordered online directly through our website (for your midnight yarn shopping needs) and we’ll get it for you! You can have your order shipped of you can pick it up in store – whatever makes you happy.
Use code KITSTOGO10 at checkout to take 10% off your Special Order Kit purchase!
Fern Lake Blanket Kit
Whether you’re fireside indoors or out we love how Fern Lake blanket will make you feel at your coziest. A simple ombre texture flows through the blanket in a simple rhythmic stitch pattern. You’ll love making this blanket as well as getting cozy beneath it. Fern lake is designed with Berroco Lanas, a 100% Peruvian wool yarn. Made from a special blend of South American wools, Lanas is a classic yarn with a soft touch and beautiful luster.
Approximately 45″ wide x 68″ long (lap or sofa blanket sized).
- 12 skeins of Berroco Lanas: 2 balls each of C1, C3, and C5; 3 balls each of C2 and C4 (shown in colourway V1: Greens/Dove/Yellow)
- This yarn is NOT machine washable. If this is important to you we suggest substituting Berroco Vintage (which we carry in-store and online).
- If you’d like to see the colours more closely you can visit us in-store and look at our shade-cards.
- This Kit does NOT include 4.5mm/US7 – 32″ circular needles.
- This kit is a Special Order, and it may take up to 2 weeks for us to receive it.The colour combinations listed are the ones on offer from the company, but if you would like to create your own combination we are happy to ask them and see if we can make that work. We can also ask about substitute a comparable machine washable 100% Peruvian wool yarn like Berroco Ultra Wool.
USE code KITSTOGO10 at checkout to take 10% off your Special Order Kit purchase!
Knit from the top down in the round, Purga features a bold colorwork pattern, knit with a solid color yarn, set against the color shifts of Berroco Pixel.
- Bust: 34¼ (39½, 43½, 45, 49½, 55½, 58¾, 61)”
- Length: 21 (21½, 22, 22, 23½, 23, 23½, 24)” (down center back)
- Shown in size 39½”. Recommended ease: 2–4″ positive ease
Kit DOES NOT Include
- 16″ and 29″ circular needles, sizes 4 (3.50 mm) and 6 (4.00 mm) or size to obtain gauge
- 1 set each double-pointed needles, sizes 4 (3.50 mm) and 6 (4.00 mm)
- 1 stitch marker
- Waste yarn to hold sleeve stitches
- These yarns ARE machine washable
- If you’d like to see the colours more closely you can visit us in-store and look at our shade-cards
- Berroco Pixel is a soft, single ply double knitting weight yarn yarn that is dyed in a fun speckled, self-striping colourway.
- Berroco Ultra Wool DK is a soft, multi-ply, 100% Peruvian wool superwash, double knitting weight yarn. It is machine washable, but still has a bit of texture to it, and it comes in solid and heathered colours.
- The colour combinations listed are the ones on offer from the company, but if you would like to create your own combination we are happy to ask them and see if we can make that work.