On the C Train is a great hat project for any knitter. It’s knit with Sandnes Garn Double Sunday and Drops Brushed Alpaca & Silk held together, making it soft, warm, fluffy, but it also has the weight to hold up to cold weather.
We chose two colours that are close together but not exactly the same, which creates some depth of colour and vibrance in the finished piece. I’m including some colour combinations below.
- To make an adult size large (23″ to 24″ head circumference): 1. cast on 96 sts, 2. knit an extra inch before you begin the decreases (begin decreases at 9”); 3. begin the decrease section by working in 1×1 rib pattern for 21 sts, P3tog, then continue in the same logic.
- If you want a folded brin knit for an extra 2.5″ to 3″ from cast-on edge
- One Size (fits medium-sized head: for a large see modifications above/in pattern)
- 14.5” circumference (before blocking and unstretched), 10.25” height
- Sandnes Garn Double Sunday: 2 skeins (all sizes, sample in colour 2345)
- Drops Brushed Alpaca & Silk: 1 skein (buy 2 skeins if you are making a larger size or a folded brim, sample shown in colour 19)
- 4.5 mm/US7 – 16″ circular needle
- 5 mm/US8 – 16″ circular needle
- 5 mm/US8 double-pointed needles to shape the crown
- stitch markers
- tapestry or darning needle
- Tag or label (optional)
- FREE PATTERN