Easter Store Hours
Friday, April 7: CLOSED
Saturday, April 8: 12 pm to 6 pm
Sunday, April 9: CLOSED
Monday, April 10: 12 pm to 6 pm
How adorable are these little chickens?! These hens knit up quickly with about 25m of worsted weight yarn (or two strands of a DK or Sport weight held together – about 50m) and are perfect for creating a cute and festive atmosphere. And when they hide a chocolate egg, it’s even more fun! Or use one to keep your soft-boiled eggies warm? Or just keep them around the house and invite them for a coffee clutch …
I like the idea of rustic, tweedy-looking chickens using Drops Soft Tweed hold 2 strands together with 5mm/US8 needles).
- 25m of Worsted weight yarn
- Drops Soft Tweed (hold 2 strands together with 5mm/US8 needles): colours 06, 04, 05, 01 (1 ball will make at least 2 chickens)
- Berroco Vintage: 1 skein should make about 8 chickens …. an entire clutch!
- Yarn oddments for crest, beak, eyes
- 4.5mm/US7 knitting needles (straight or circular)
- 4mm crochet hook (for the crest, etc)
- Tapestry/Darning needle
- FREE Pattern