I like simple, loose cables like this cowl; they create great texture and interest without too much effort.
Yarn Options: Super Bulky (10 to 12mm needles)
- Cascade Spuntaneous: 3 to 4 skeins
- Cascade Lana Grande: 4 to 5 skeins
- Malabrigo Rasta: 4 to 5 skeins
Yarn Options: Bulky (8mm needles)
- FREE Pattern
- 10mm/US17 needles (straight or circular)
- Cable Needle
- tapestry/darning needle
- Ravelry Pattern Page
- Because all of the yarns we’ve suggested (above) bloom beautifully, you can try pushing your needle size up to a 12mm/US17 and omit a ball of yarn.
- The yarn suggested in the pattern is super-bulky, so expect your cowl to be too. If this is too much for you, consider substituting a slightly thinner, bulky weight yarn, and smaller (8mm/US11) needles. If this seems too narrow, add a second cable pattern repeat.
- The pattern is knit flat and seamed in a circle, but if you want to do something more knitterly like a 3 needle bind-off or kitchener stitch, you can cast on using a provisional cast-on (casting on with scrap yarn).