Mineville Single Ply DK (no. 2806) is soft, machine washable, easy to work with, and easy to wear. It comes in a generous 100g/200m skein, which is enough to make an adult hat or pair of mitts (you’ll need two for a scarf or Honey Cowl). It’s also perfect for a Comfort Fade Cardigan! It’s affordably priced, and made right here in Canada!
Mineville Wool Project is an “off-brand” brand from the sisters at Fleece Artist and Handmaiden. The prices are excellent because we purchase the yarn in one-time only lots. This means that once it’s gone, it’s GONE, so be sure to order enough for your project.
- 100% Merino Wool (superwash)
- DK weight
- 100g/200m (219 yds)
- 4mm/US6 needles
- 22 sts = 4″/10cm
- Machine Washable
- Made in Canada
- Free Pattern Ideas
Comfort Fade Cardi
Comfort Fade is a simple little cardi that’s worked in the round in one piece. The real magic comes from its use of 4 complimentary colourways that blend together to great a dramatic shift in colour.
- XXS (XS, S, M, L)(XL, XXL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
- Shown in size Small on a 34” bust with 3.5” positive ease.
- Finished* Bust Circumference: 33 (36, 37.5, 39, 42.5)(46.5, 50.5, 55, 59, 63)”/ 84 (91.5, 95.5, 99, 108)(118, 128.5, 140, 150, 160) cm
Mineville Single Ply DK (no. 2806): 4 shades (see below for amounts for your size)
- Color A: 1(2, 2, 2, 2) (2, 2, 2, 2, 2) skeins
- Color B: 2(2, 2, 2, 2) (3, 3, 3, 3, 3) skeins
- Color C: 2(2, 3, 3, 3) (3, 3, 4, 4, 4) skeins
- Color D: 2(2, 2, 2, 2) (3, 3, 3, 3, 3) skeins
Berroco Remix Light
Berroco Remix Light is a soft, tweedy, nubby blend of 100% recycled fibres, with absolutely no wool content. Machine-washable Remix Light is perfect for everything from sweaters, tanks, wraps and other accessories, and is great for babies, children and adults. It’s also a great deal – each 100g skein measures in at a whopping FOUR HUNDRED METRES (twice the normal yardage for comparable spring/summer yarns like Cascade Ultra Pima).
An allover lace rib pattern forms a classic cardigan. Knit in pieces and seamed, this cardigan knitting pattern is sure to become a wardrobe staple.
- Bust (closed)—35½(39½-44-49-53½-57½-62)“ after blocking
- Note: This garment was designed with approximately 4–6” of ease. Please take this into consideration when selecting your size. Shown in size 39½“
- Berroco Remix Light : 3(3-3-4-4-4-5) balls #6927 Old Jeans
- Straight needles, sizes 3 (3.25 mm) and 4 (3.50 mm) or size to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers
- Seven ⅞“ buttons
I’m sorry you haven’t heard from us lately, we’ve been really busy merchandising all the new stock that’s been arriving for fall! You’ve probably been doing more knitting than I have, but Liane finished this Honey Cowl last week.
It’s a super simple knit, easy to make, great to wear (or gift), the pattern is free, and there are almost 24,000 projects for it in Ravelry! We made ours with one skein of Wollmeise DK (currently on SALE), but you can use 200g of any Worsted weight or DK weight yarn. My only suggestion is do not use a yarn that is very fluffy or textured, you’ll lose the beautiful stitch definition. Solid colours, heathered colours, semi-solid hand paints, variegated and self-striping colours all seem to look great with this pattern!
- FREE Pattern
- Worsted weight or DK weight yarn: about 200g for long version, 100g for short version
- 5mm/US8 – 36″ circular needles for long version or 24″ circular needles for short version
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry/darning needle
This yarn is simply awesome! It’s soft, has a bit of a halo, and at 480m (525 yds) per skein it runs more than TWICE as long as similar DK weight yarns (an average size sweater can be made with 2.5 skeins – that’s pretty affordable, especially since our prices are in Canadian dollars). It can be knit as a Sport weight/DK weight yarn, or finer if you like. The angora makes it light, airy and fluffy, but there is not enough in the mix to shed all over your clothes are make their way up your nose (I know you hate that, so do I). Dyed in stunning semi-solid colourways, it’ll knit up beautifully as sweaters, wraps, scarves, cowls, or anything else you can dream up. We’re making a Pisti Mobius with one skein, and you can check out other people’s finished projects on Ravelry.
The Mineville Wool Project is a new “off-brand” brand from the sisters at Fleece Artist and Handmaiden. The prices are excellent because we purchase the yarn in one-time only lots. This means that once it’s gone, it’s GONE, so be sure to order enough for your project.
- 25% Sheared Angora, 75% Wool
- 480m (524 yds) – 100g
- 20 to 22sts = 4″ (10cm)
- 4mm/US6 needles
- Hand wash, lay flat to dry
- Milled in Italy, hand dyed in Nova Scotia, Canada
- See yarn on Ravelry
- Projects on Ravelry