Chevron (Baby) Blanket
The Chevron Baby Blanket is a great basic pattern with an elegant, modern aesthetic. It makes a great baby gift, or you can make it adult sized and snuggle under it during Netflix binges. It works up wonderfully in affordable, machine washable Cascade Avalon (ON SALE!) with 5mm/US8 needles – see some colour ideas below.
You can make this blanket larger by adding stitches in multiples of 24:
- 27.5″ wide = cast on 121 sts
- 33″ wide = cast on 145 sts
- 38.5″wide = cast on 169 sts
- 43.25″ wide = cast on 193 sts
- 49.5″ wide = cast on 217 sts
- 54.75″ wide = cast on 241 sts
Use stitch markers between pattern repeats to keep track of your knitting.
27.5″ x 36″ (but easily modified)
- Cascade Avalon ON SALE! Baby Blanket (27.5″ x 36″) 1 skein in each of 5 colours, Lap Blanket (54″ x 61″) 3 skeins in each of 4 colours (B, C, D, E), 2 skein in 5th colour (A)
- 5mm/US8 – 29″ circular needles (or longer)
- Stitch Markers
- FREE Pattern