Make some towels that are so beautiful you’ll never want to use them! That’s ok, some things you use until they’re shredded, and some you keep out to please the eye. Both have their roles in our lives. The pattern is a FREEBIE, and makes for some simple, elegant summer knitting.
Quince & Co Sparrow is my favourite yarn for this project, I love how this linen looks, the silky feels after being washed, and also how resilient it is (it gets better going through the wash) . My second personal choice would be
Kelbourne Mojave – their colours make me so happy, and the I love the the subtle texture of the fibre.
Berroco Remix Light is the budget friendly, earth friendly, use-friendly option – it has so much yardage, two skeins of the main colour will make 3 towels, and 3 skeins will make 5. Plus it’s recycled, has a neat texture, is easy to knit with and wash.
Cascade Ultra Pima is the last on the list, but not the least. This silky smooth pima cotton is a staple, and is always a joy to knit with and wear. If you like a plain, flat aesthetic, this is your yarn of choice.
ALL OF THE YARN SUGGESTED ARE ON SALE TO AUG 9th!
- Main Colour: 2 skeins of Quince & Co Sparrow ON SALE TO AUG 9
- Contrast Colour: 1 skeins of Quince & Co Sparrow ON SALE TO AUG 9
- 3.5mm/US4 circular needles (24″ to 32″)
- tapestry or darning needle
- FREE Pattern
Alternate Yarn Options
For the following yarn options you’ll probably want to go up to a 4mm/US6 needle.
- Cascade Ultra Pima: MC: 2 skeins, CC: 1 skein. (3 skeins of MC will make 2 towels)
- Berroco Remix Light: MC 1 skein, CC: 1 skein. (2 skeins of the MC make 3 towels, 3 skeins of the MC will make 5 towels)
- Kelbourne Mojave: MC 2 skeins, CC 1 skein. (3 skeins will make 2 towels)