Cascade MKAL Starts Sept 29
Cascade’s annual blanket Mystery Knit-A-Long (MKAL) is starting on September 29th, and this year they are using CASCADE 220 SUPERWASH! To join just sign up for the Cascade Yarns newsletter to get the bi-weekly installments. All the details are available in their newsletter, right HERE.
Get 15% Off when you purchase all of your yarn for this project in one transaction (17 balls or more)! Use code CASCADEMKAL at check-out.*
* Discount does not apply to special-orders. Discount only applies to inventory that is already in stock, or that we already carry on a regular basis and is already in our database.
What is an MKAL?
MKAL stands for Mystery Knit A Long! Knit Alongs (KALs) are fun, social activity in which a group of knitters all make the same project in a specified timeframe. … A section of the pattern (clue) is released at regular intervals, and at the end of the Knit Along, the final design is revealed.
Check out some of Cascade’s Past MKALs:
- This year’s blanket is the “Blanket of Many Stitches” … a striped stitch sampler
- Made with 4 colours, a total of 17 balls of yarn (colour A – 5 skeins; colours B to D – 4 skeins each)
- Each stripe is approximately 2” long
- Each stitch pattern is a repeat of 12 stitches
- Finished measurements: 36″ x 52″
- 10 Bi-weekly installments will be sent via Cascade Yarns email newsletter
- DOWNLOAD DETAILS HERE
Cascade 220 Superwash is a staple around here! It’s made with 100% machine washable Peruvian wool which is easy to work with and wear (it softens up considerable after washing). It’s very popular for all kinds of projects, including baby, kids, accessories, sweaters, blankets, etc.
- Colour A: 5 skeins
- Colour B: 4 skeins
- Colour C: 4 skeins
- Colour D: 4 skeins
It’s hard for us to carry every colour in this yarn line (they have SO MANY colours that we already have to split it up into heathered and solid colours for tech reasons), but we can always look into special-ordering a colour you want for your MKAL blanket, or finding a substitute that works. All the colours available to us through our Canadian distributor are HERE.
The colours in the pictures below below are provided by Cascade Yarns, and may not be accurate. The photos on our website have been colour-corrected to match the actually yarn as possible. The colour combinations offer a colour palette suggestions, but you can choose any colour you like. Most of the colour combinations seem to have 1 dark colour, two medium colours, and 1 light or bright colour.