So Faded Pint Size
I came across this gorgeous project by Prunus and I thought I’d share and show you how beautiful a couple of skeins of variegated yarn can look when they’re artfully blended together. This version is made with 2 colours of Manos Alergria (the colours they chose blend well together because they both contain grey and cream). This pattern is for children, but if you want an adult size go HERE.
- 12m (2, 4, 6) (8, 10, 12) years
- Manos Alergria: 1(1, 2, 2) (2, 2, 2) skeins (1 in each of 2 or more colours) ON SALE TO SEPT 6!
- 3.75 mm/US5 – 24”/ 60 cm circular needles
- 3.75 mm/US5 double pointed needles (or alternative)
- 3.25 mm/US3 – 24”/ 60 cm circular needles
- 3.25 mm/US3 double pointed needles (or alternative)
- stitch markers
- stitch holders or scrap yarn
Floss & Rock Knitting Dolls
Floss & Rock knitting dolls are a great way to keep kids busy and help them develop their fine motor skills. They also make great little gifts! Each doll comes in a pretty box with a mini knitting needle, 6 colours of yarn and instructions. Made of painted wood, ages 6+. Great for use with Worsted, DK and Sport weight yarns.
Great yarns for use with knitting dolls:
DMC “Top This” Hat Kits
Ok, so if you know me, you know that I like natural fibres. I’m not a snob, but I like the real thing. So if you are already familiar with the DMC ‘Top This’ kits, you’ll know it’s not really my ‘thing’. But as soon as my sales rep showed them to me I knew that a good number of you (especially those with little kids in your lives) would be TOTALLY into them. Each kit is a fun, whimsical yarn with a mixture of 3 continuous textures and colours and the most adorable coordinating stuffed animal character to top the knitted hat. The kit makes a baby or child size hat.
- one ball of 3 continuous textures and colours (approx. 80 g, 78% acrylic / 22% nylon yarn)
- one stuffed character hat topper
- easy instructions for knitting and adding the topper
Kit DOES NOT INCLUDE 5.5mm/US9-16″ circular needles and 5.5mm/US9 double pointed needles
Patterns & Projects for Top This! Kits
Many of the links posted here are from Ravelry.com, a free website for knitters and crocheters. If you don’t have your own account you can use ours: login: knitomatic2, password: knitomatic.